Dream Theater - Train Of Thought CD (album) cover

TRAIN OF THOUGHT

Dream Theater

Menswear
4 stars Faster Petrucci ! Kill ! Kill !

Ha ha oh oh. The infamous thrash-metal-what-where-they-thinking?!?- album, as mean and black as the cover. The giant eye watching your reaction is wondering if you like it or not. Well, it's pretty decent after all. It's even better than Black Clouds and Silver Linings in some points: feels a lot more fresher, not to much packed and the songs are easier to get into. And I really like the Metallica-style-of-singing of James Labrie. It's fresh I tell ya!

The cons? Well, it's pretty much the Portnoy and Petrucci show. Rudess is almost absent in terms of ambience and atmospheres and we can barely hear Myung with all this ruckuss.

The good old days of thrash metal are back with this album, a time when Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and D.R.I. had a place in so many hearts of headbangers. They tried it, they liked it, they got over it.

Congratulations on the 3rd arm surgery for Mike Portnoy.

Menswear | 4/5 |