Dream Theater - Images And Words CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

5 stars Dream Theater has produced many great albums, but although Scenes From A Memory comes close, they have yet to top Images and Words. The energy and creativity displayed in every song is just amazing, with the highlights being of course Metropolis, Learning To Live and Take The Time, altough the most famous song (and only hit) is Pull Me Under. They even left out the epic Change Of Seasons due to time restrictions, so you can tell the guys were full of inspiration when they recorded this album. Here's the perfect balance between prog and metal, my 2 favorite genres. Whenever I recommend this band I always mention this album which I consider highly responsible for renewing the interest for progressive rock in the 90's, and bringing along a new generation of fans who were initially interested in metal only. Of course that wouldn't have been possible if this was not a great album. A masterpiece! Five stars.
eddiefang | 5/5 |