Yes - Close To The Edge CD (album) cover

5 stars There's very little left to say about this album. For me it is the quintessential progressive rock album of all time, although is not as accesible as other classics of the genre for it requires some listening experience. The first time I listened to it a new world revealed, and what caught my attention was the mind-boggling bass playing from Chris Squire, but I could not overlook the virtuous playing from every member of the band and the angelic vocals from Jon Anderson. Add to all that the ethereous and spiritual lyrics and you have a package that makes this an all- time classic. Here's music that can move you from reflection to pure joy, and in many ocassions it can even bring tears to your eyes. The epic sounds of Close To The Edge, the beautiful and moving And You And I and the energy of Siberian Kathru makes this album a must-have for any serious prog rock connoisseur. Five stars.
eddiefang | 5/5 |