Peccatum - Oh, My Regrets CD (album) cover

Experimental/Post Metal

2 stars A very arguable EP. A better version of Rise, Ye Humans can be found on Amor Fati and the title track is a bit too experimental and avantgarde for a common listener as it has really crazy rhythm and some unpleasant vocals... So obviously the only song that can be of interest here is Blood Red Skies, a JUDAS PRIEST cover. Although most Priest fans hate it, in my opinion it is brilliant (Halford's falsetto parts are sung in female soprano and kick drums are replaced with disco-style beats).

Overall, I can only recommend this EP to Judas Priest and Peccatum fans. Others probably won't find anything interesting here.

Vaxis | 2/5 |