Secret Oyster - Live in the USA 2007 CD (album) cover

Secret Oyster

3 stars In 2007 Secret Oyster was invited to play at Nearfest fusion Friday on June 22nd.They played at the Zoellner Arts Centre at Lehigh Univercity at Bethlehem,Pensylvania.They had been on hiatus for 30 years after their last album Straight to the krankenhaus from 1977.

There are 3 original members along here from then.Karsten Vogel-Sax and keys.Claus Bohling-guitar and Ole Streenberg on drums plus 2 newcomers on keys and bass.

We get mainly music from Sea Son and Straight to the krankenhaus plus opener Sireen from Astarte.It is a very nice concert with a good sound and an appreciative audience.Songs are sax and guitar dominated and Claus really shines on the guitar.The cd is only 50 minutes long and we get some great tunes mainly the mellower songs from their repertoire.I could have wished for some more upbeat tunes to break the mellowness but it is a relative short show ,so maybe that's the reason.

So all in all a nice little souvenir from Secret Oyster and Nearfest .I wish I had been there,but unfortunately I wasn't.

gr8dane | 3/5 |