The Beatles - Please Please Me CD (album) cover

The Beatles

4 stars Rating: 8.5/10

Great debut, most of all concerning the followings "With the beatles", "A hard day's night", "Beatles for sale" and "Help" (the 1st phase of their career); "Please, please me" beats them all.Of course after that 1st period would come up "Rubber soul", but that's another story.This first release is the best from those first times.

Great songs (Mc Cartney and Lennon start showing up their songwriting skills), colored by perfect tunes in part by the instrumental session (very solid Ringo's drums, stunning Paul's bass marking the pulse of the beat and a warm, delicate work by George's lead guitar and energetic strumming by John's rhythm guitar) and also because of the outstanding and never-before-seen vocal performance and arrangements for a pop-rock band.

Great standards and examples of the album's best attributes are "I saw her standing there", "Ana (go with him)", "Ask me why", "Please, please me", "P.S. I love you", "Do you want to know a secret", "A taste of honey" and "There's a place".

Mattiias | 4/5 |