Robert Fripp - I Advance Masked (with Andy Summers) CD (album) cover

Robert Fripp

bob x
3 stars While not a bad album,I ADVANCED MASKED is not a great album either.It isn't anything like KING CRIMSON,or THE POLICE,for that matter.It does sound more like a FRIPP solo album;full of sonic soundscapes and low key droning guitars,which is very much like the essence of all FRIPPOTRONICS,but with less beat driven movement .A little bit more on the ambient side.Don't get me wrong,this is a very listenable release,but it doesn't have anything to recommend it that much either.Considering the release date,I suppose this was sort of cutting edge at the time.Two and a half star rating;extra half star since it has cool cover art,I guess.If you see it in the discount rack for a cheap price go for it,otherwise...
bob x | 3/5 |