Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways  CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

2 stars The Sky Moves Sideways ? 1995 (2.4/5 almost 3 stars) 8 ? Best Song: Dislocated Days

And here gives way to fullblown ambient, and I don't enjoy it very much at all. The two phases of the title track drift in and out of time-delayed weather channel pussyfutting at nearly all times. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Welcome to my Daymare, this is not your regularly adjusted television demon. We're going to kill you. My that's a dashing red dress you're wearing. It compliments your sterling green eyes, now prepare to be disemboweled, human scum. We in the eighth vector of panoramic psychogenesis prefer you be brutally massacred with the least of pain and resistance, so we've devised The Sky Moves Sideways, an aural journey to help accompany you through your rapid, and hopefully unperturbed demise. It features chilly psychedelic beat waves for several minutes, before becoming aggravated techno ? all part of the emotional rollercoaster you're about to enter. Then comes the 'music', which will transmit messages into your psyche for acceptance. Please ignore the masturbating man behind the curtain. But that's just the HALF HOUR of boring rot, the rest of the album's pretty good. 'Dislocated Day' is a heinous guitar maelstrom, best thing they've done yet, and 'Moon Touches Your Shoulder' was almost pretty. Other than that, you're facing fifteen minutes of fine songs smacked between half an hour of indulgent, unnecessary ambient. Two full songs and nothing else? That's not a good deal, O'Neill.

Alitare | 2/5 |