Phideaux - Chupacabras CD (album) cover

CHUPACABRAS

Phideaux

voliveira
4 stars "You've lost control, you've lost your way home, out in the cold, you've lost your way home ..."

Oh, Phideaux, this man ... this guy is a blessing of the modern progressive rock.After hear the wonderful "Doomsday Afternoon", I desperately needed Phideaux.And I finally heard "Chupacabras".

The opening intro of "Okay" serves as a prelude to the title track, and that prelude he is.A organ leads to the amazing opening, before some gothic male and female vocals create a gloomy atmosphere.

Then we have the epic "Chupacabras". This is not the best song attached Phideaux-better than anything in "Doomsday Afternoon" or "Snowtorch"-as it is now one of my favorite songs of all times.Listen following the instrumental guitar fueled by a beautiful country, Celtic flute, cello and mellotron that opens to 13 minutes and you'll know what I mean! This is perfect!

Unfortunately no other time the album reaches magnitde of "Chupacabras", although I have a special appreciation for the "Party" and The first part of the mini-epic "Ruffian".Ah,and "Titan" also is good.

Phideaux, you're the man.

4 stars.