Rush - Rush CD (album) cover

3 stars A real hard and heavy rocking debut for Rush. Yes they were influenced by Zeppelin and Deep Purple but honestly who wasn't? They showed that they could rock with the best and jam with the best and they delivered. They also had two "ballad" songs with Here Again and Before and After which are average to me but still shows they can slow down time to time. This is a really good album with superb musicianship from all 3 of the guys. To me this gets 3 and a half stars because comparing this with their later work, it doesn't hold up well. Highlights: Finding My Way, What You're Doing, In the Mood, and Working Man.
criticdrummer94 | 3/5 |