Dream Theater - Images And Words CD (album) cover

IMAGES AND WORDS

Dream Theater

4.29 | 2034 ratings

The Crow
5 stars This is probably the progressive metal's most important album, and one of the most important albums of progressive music too...

Due to this disc and the later Awake, the progressive genre enjoys good health today, because a lot of young people (like myself) known this way of undertanding the music with Dream Theater. For that... I give a lot of thanks to Dream Theater for revitalazing the progressive music!!!

The album itself it's a true masterpiece. All the songs are magnificent, with a fantastic sound and instrumental developement. Maybe the kayboards are in a little too 80's way sometimes, but I'm still loving all this album completely.

Best songs for me: Another Day (with a memorable saxophone playing and an outstanding guitar solo), Take The Time (simply the best Dream Theater's song in my humble opinion) and Surrounded (it's different from the rest of the album, and I like it a lot...)

Last fact I want to comment: James LaBrie couldn't never reach again the great voice and the incredible high notes that he reached in this album... He has been losing his voice along the years...

Images and Words is one of the peaks of progressive and a must for everyone!!!

The Crow | 5/5 |