Kraan - Live CD (album) cover

LIVE

Kraan

Progbear
5 stars Wow. There's few live albums, much less DOUBLE live albums, I'd consider to be a band's finest hour, but this is one such album where I'd make an exception. Kraan's milieu really is the concert hall, not the recording studio. Never before was there a band that truly REQUIRED a double live album to effectively capture all the facets of their distinct personality.

Some may consider moments, such as the extended "Nam Nam", a tad excessive, but it's all part of the wacky world that is Kraan. They just get into a "thing" and run with it! And the songs unique to this disc are what make it totally special. "Jerk of Life" is rousing fun, and a great way to open a concert (it's since gone on to open many a Kraan show). "Lonesome Liftboy" is a great example of Kraan in a more somber, reflective mood, the sort of thing we'd hear more of on ensuing albums. And "Hallo Ja Ja I don't know" is...well, I don't quite know how to describe WHAT exactly it is, but whatever it is it's marvellous!

And I finally got my extended, feature-length "Andy Nogger". I knew it was not too much to ask!

Progbear | 5/5 |