Spock's Beard - Octane CD (album) cover

OCTANE

Spock's Beard

Christian
5 stars Best of 2005!

I can honestly say that I can give an unbiased and free-from-Neal Morse-legacy review since this was the first album I boughtand listened to in its entirety from SB. Before that it has just been a few odd songs. In a time period of 4 weeks I bought all SB studio albums, and three NM solo albums and both Transatlantic!!! I have now listened to them several times, and I feel ready to state my points of view on Octane.

First of all, SB is my absolute favorite band for the moment, 90% of what I listen to now is SB, NM or Transatlantic.

Back to Octane. I was completely blown away from my first listening. Fantastic vocals and musicianship and a very compleeing muix of different styles. Song like The Ballet of the Impact and even more Of the Beauty of it All are incredible and deserve a place among the finest of SBs songs.

Seems like the songwriting pair of Dave Meros and Boegehold is a dynamic one.

Having in mind that I have listened to all SB albums over a relatively short period, and totally unbiased, I now thing that Octane is their best album, an opinion I probably won't share with too many people. I have the special edition and the only negative thing I can say is that the second disc is a little bit too much of a filler. Otherwise 9.5/10!

Christian | 5/5 |