Rush - All The World's A Stage CD (album) cover

5 stars So far there haven't been any 5 star reviews by prog reviewers but there have been some by guest reviewers. And you know what ? I feel these few guest reviewers are right here. Crimson87 for instance said this is one of the best live recordings he ever heard and I believe he isn't exaggerating at all. I never gave this one by Rush too much attention but recently I did and I was blown away really. My approach towards a live album review is not to judge the songs on themselves but just the way they are live executed combined with production and sound quality.

And then the story is quite simple. This is simply near perfect if not absolutely perfect. In their earlier albums Rush used many special effects in their studio albums and the challenge then is to produce this on stage. Rush has done this remarkably well here. On first 5 songs for example the execution is spot on, if at all possible even better than on the studio recordings. Can you believe that ? Jaw dropping stuff.

This live album made me fall in love with this unique band once again. I always have admired them, three top class musicians and composers even though the compositions are the reason the band isn't more popular for me personally. Rush hasn't made many top notch songs in my opinion (The Necromancer, La Villa Strangiato, 2112 are their best followed by about ten very good ones and the rest is mediocre I feel). But if they would have Rush would be amongst my 5 most favorite bands ever no doubt. And on this album is where they prove best exactly how good they are. A live masterpiece and nothing less ....

progrules | 5/5 |