Emerson Lake & Palmer - The Essential Emerson, Lake & Palmer CD (album) cover

THE ESSENTIAL EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER

Emerson Lake & Palmer

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars There is as many "best of ELP" compilations now as blood thirsty midges on a hot summer day.

The best thing I can say about them is that they entice curious souls and those with a passing interest to check out this band. At worst, they only serves to improve the balance sheet of an industry which has shot themselves in the foot during the last ten years.

The Essential Emerson, Lake & Palmer contains some of the best songs and pieces Emerson, Lake & Palmer has ever done. I guess most of us would agree that these two and a half hours on these altogether two CDs is great music. The cover and the packaging is also great. This is a nice double CD to have in anyone's collection. Would I play these CDs again ? No chance ! I prefer their first live and studio albums.

But for curious cats, this is a good start off point (or a good end) to the exploration of Emerson, Lake & Palmer's music. That is the purpose of The Essential Emerson, Lake & Palmer compilation.

3 stars