Abiogenesi - Le Notti Di Salem CD (album) cover

LE NOTTI DI SALEM

Abiogenesi

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars The third album by these Italians.

I started to scratch my head when I heard this intro by Clive Jones from Black Widow. Is this album another slab of occult heavy Italian progressive rock ? Nope and I am not sure what Clive Jones is doing here. Announcing his own band ? Paid advert ? Suddenly an advert for Nike golf clubs as an intro on a Rolling Stones album seems like a good idea. Their Sumo brand, to be more precise. Very good golf clubs with max forgiveness due to a large sweetspot, sold in 460 ccm with Fujijama regular nano shaft. 10.5 degrees l/r. Go to your local golf shop for a good offer.

The music itself on this album is heavy prog from the 1970s with good vocals and heavy beats. The tangents is very good and so is the guitars. The vocals too is good for a change. The music is pretty playful with a lot of excellent small details. Playful as in an album by Deep Purple.

The lack of any really good songs is hurting this album big time. But the sound is great though. This is a good album, but nothing more. But I have to admit I have a weak spot for this band.

Btw. You can also buy good Nike golf balls from your local golf shop. For example the xtra distance golf ball where you are guaranteed to hit the cow on the moon if used together with a Nike driver.

3.5 stars