Nordagust - In The Mist Of Morning CD (album) cover

IN THE MIST OF MORNING

Nordagust

Moonstone
3 stars A promising debut.

I find this album very dark and it's got a lot of mood, but it lacks variation and real prog-chops. It's very much like Anekdoten, with heavy Mellotron and dramatic vocals. Sometimes the vocals are just fine, and sometimes it's not.

Like Anekdotens stuff, the songs have no distinct sound, they sound very similar, making it difficult to tell one song from another.

The guitar soloing is the highlight for me on the album, along with the Mellotron of course. It's difficult to pinpoint any of the songs as highlights really, so I'll just say that I like the album OK as a whole, and that I'm hoping for more diversity on their next release.

3 stars.