King Crimson - Three Of A Perfect Pair CD (album) cover

THREE OF A PERFECT PAIR

King Crimson

voliveira
3 stars When in 1974 Robert Fripp disbanded King Crimson after the masterpiece "Red," fans were shocked . But they must have been quite happy when it was announced seven years later that King Crimson would come back with an album called "Discipline ".

Man, I wanted to be in 1981 to see people's reactions when they hear "Discipline" . Because the album was totally different from anything the band had . Indeed, he was the first of a trilogy of albums to be released .

This trilogy that ends with "Three of a Perfect Pair",1984 .I not like the eagerly "Discipline" (for which I gave 3 stars), nor of "Beat" (which is definitely the worst album of KC to whom I gave only one star), so I did not have much hope for this album. But was surprised with a good album ... at least until the end of side 1.

"Three of a Perfect Pair" is an album clearly polarized, the first side ("The left side") with songs more accessible while the second side ("The right side") is made up of songs experimental.Obviously I like more first hand, especially in "Sleepless" which is one of the best songs in the trilogy - listen to the introduction of powerful bass and Tony Levin will know what I mean! there are many other highlights in addition, and side two is a disgrace -not even the third installment of "Larks Tongues in Aspic" (which has nowhere near the quality of the first two parts of the self-titled album) I like!

3 stars!