Eloy - Ocean CD (album) cover

OCEAN

Eloy

Psychedelic/Space Rock

voliveira
4 stars Eloy I've heard for a long time, but only now do an assessment of its albuns.And nothing better than starting with what is considered his masterpiece, "Ocean."

"Ocean" is an ambitious album that tells the story of the rise and fall of the mythical kingdom of Atlantis.It is an epic project, consisting only of four bands between 8-15 minutes.

The opening track "Poseidon's Creation" is the highlight of the album, and one of the best psychedelic rock bands in my opinion . Her opens with a 4 minute long instrumental dominated by synthesizers and strong with an impressive guitar solo, and a pulsing bass . And what about the drummer? upsets him are great! After this introduction comes the vocals, which are a little weak in my opinion, the singer does not dominate much English and the sound is a little "germanenglish "(forgive me the odd word). But to 7 minutes to start another strong instrumental music that leads to its glorious end.

The second track, "Incarnation of Logos", is quite simple, yet powerful. Only the vocals annoy me.

The problem I have with this album are the last two songs, "Decay of the Logos" and "Atlantis´ Agony at June 5th - 8498, 13 pm Gregorian Earthtimes. "The first is a bit forgettable, while the second seven minutes wasted sound effects (supposedly representing the end of Atlantis) before leaving for a final (not so) epic.

4 stars