Sigur Rós - Ágćtis Byrjun CD (album) cover

Sigur Rós

Post Rock/Math rock

4 stars But what a great album. Indeed "Agaete Byrjun" is a fantastic album, one of the best I've heard in recent times.

The sound here is a mix of alternative rock, progressive rock and space rock. And boy, this is a mix that works. The songs are not very progressive, but they never drag on and bored me - this is amazing, my friend!

My favorite tracks here are "Svefn-G-Englar," "Staralfur", "Vel Til Viőrar loftarasa" and "Olsen Olsen."

My only complaints are that the singer is not very good (sometimes out of tune it in falsetto) and the last track, "Avalon" is totally unnecessary.

4.5 stars!