Refugee - Refugee CD (album) cover

REFUGEE

Refugee

Moonstone
4 stars A real progressive rock gem.

What a real keyboard driven prog album this is! Patrick Moratz is absolutely ON FIRE through this whole record, and he is definetly up there with the likes of Rick Wakeman, Jon Lord and Keith Emerson.

I love the whole album, especially the long suites "Grand Canyon" and "Credo" The only negative thing on this album is the vocals. Lee Jackson does a great job on the bass, but I dont think he holds up as a vocalist. So, it's a good thing there aren't a lot of vocals on this album.

The drumming is also excellent throughout, and makes me wonder why the hell Brian Davison did not drum like this with The Nice.

4,5 stars for this damn good album. I would have given it a 5 star if the vocals were better.

Moonstone | 4/5 |