Anekdoten - Gravity CD (album) cover

GRAVITY

Anekdoten

Moonstone
4 stars This is a GREAT prog album!

The album is GREAT all the way through, and my absolute farorite Anekdoten album. No bad tracks here, though some are more interesting than others.

Anekdoten sound is very distinctive, with lots & lots of Mellotron and dramatic singing.

It starts strong with "Monoilt" and "Richochet", in my book the best songs on the album. These two tracks are one of Anekdotens finest moments ever in my book.

"What Should But Did Not Die" is a drone song very similar to "The End" by The Doors. Great song. "SW4" is another beautyful drone song with backwards vocal effects.

"Gravity" hits you strong with hard Mellotron all over the place. Epic ending.

"The Games We Play" and "Seljak" are great, but not my favorites.

A great album, and an essential album in the collection.

4,5 stars.