Until Sunrise - The Elysian Fields CD (album) cover

THE ELYSIAN FIELDS

Until Sunrise

Post Rock/Math rock

memowakeman
2 stars A mellow and beautiful track!

Nowadays we may say that post-rock is a musical genre that has gained a lot of followers due to its fresh sound and emotional atmospheres. Also, there are people who find inspiration in this genre, and contribute with their grain of sand. A young band from Maryland has now entered to the scene, and they are willing to stay there for a lifetime and of course, obtain recognition and followers.

With the internet facility, I have got closer to them since they offer their music for free (or pay what you want); and I am happy with what I listen. Until Sunrise is a trio who have released one studio and one live album so far, along with this latest single release of the song entitled "The Elysian Fields".

This five-minute track shares some evident Explosions in the Sky hints, which may have been one of Until Sunrise inspirations. The song has a beautiful sound with atmospheric textures, relaxing guitars, soft drums that little by little become more energetic until it reaches a climax. There is also a nice piano sound here and there, while the guitars turn emotional as well.

The song itself deserves at least three stars, but if you know the way I rate singles, then you know I hardly give more than two stars for an album that does not reach 20 minutes. So for a song, I just give two stars.

Enjoy it!