Mary Newsletter - Distratto Dal Sole  CD (album) cover

DISTRATTO DAL SOLE

Mary Newsletter

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Prognut
3 stars Actually 3 1/2 stars!

This Band is somewhat difficult to describe in an overall sense?! I can tell you, however that this album to me is a very pleasant to listen. Not very complex but, melodic. It has progressive touches throughout no question about it, but it also shows elements of Rock, Blues, ethnic and space/Psych (ala PT) in the mix.

Several points, that I personally like about this album...It does not manifest a simple influence and preserves their Italian heritage, but with a 90's feeling (Italian lyrics by the way..) and, actually they have done a great job in this regard. There are four Intermezzos tracks, which give the sense of a cohesive album.

In all a very good release, that deserves some attention! I would not have any troubles in recommend this album to anybody, especially the Italian Prog lover!!!

Prognut | 3/5 |