Emerson Lake & Palmer - Trilogy CD (album) cover

TRILOGY

Emerson Lake & Palmer

voliveira
1 stars PROG NO EMOTION

"Damn, Emerson Lake and Palmer, is that there is nothing you have done which I might like?" That was my thought after finishing a work to hear more of that trio. "Trilogy" is not very different from its predecessor and its successor, is proud of the work itself, ambitious, stupid, boring, boring.

At least there is one outstanding track on this album (oh, this is a breakthrough for me when it comes to ELP) - "From the Beginning," which is a fantastic song (I wish they were always so). Unfortunately she can not save this mediocre album. Not when you have a "Bolero" is not bolero (not like the bolero "Lizards" from King Crimson), an "Enigma" which is a real puzzle for me - because I can not figure out what is good about it - and a handful of tracks terribly rotten. Just knowing that this album was released in 1972, the heyday of progressive rock, tears rolling from my eyes.

For me the only decent thing to do here is Carl Palmer. Keith Emerson unnerves me with his terrible organs, his weaks pianos and his irritants Moogs, while Greg Lake ... well, I do not want to use word pimp here, but let's say the only time this guy was well sang "In the Court of Crimson King".

1 star