Gong - Live On T.V. 1990 CD (album) cover

LIVE ON T.V. 1990

Canterbury Scene

3 stars A live album that's well worth obtaining, but I have a few reservations. The sound quality and performances are fine; in fact, they're better than on "The 25th Birthday Party" (not added to the discography yet), a 2-CD set that sounds a bit too reverberant. I do feel that the last few songs are second-rate, and the others have been staples of other live albums (except for "Pothead Pixies"!!!). Also, this is the same concert that's available on DVD (the Classic Rock Legends one). I don't have the DVD yet, but I assume that it's all the same songs. So, if you have the DVD, I suppose there's no reason to buy this CD. Otherwise, it's a solid 3 or 4 star effort.
soundsweird | 3/5 |