Biglietto Per L'Inferno - Biglietto Per L'Inferno CD (album) cover

Biglietto Per L'Inferno

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Menswear
4 stars Ticket To Hell -- Billet Pour L'Enfer

Is it me or the theme of Hell is a recurrent one in the Rock Progressivo Italiano? It shouldn't be a surprise after all, since Dante's work is so well know. He wrote the Divine Comedy in 1308, and I wonder if he tought all this poetic imagery would still be used 800 years later? Well Ticket to Hell is not the first one to use the same theme: Metamorfosi, Goblin, Il Bacio della Medusa and such used it too. And on the plus side, they perpetuate the tradition of weird art cover. Is there a RPI cover that won't scare the Beegeesus out of me? Apparently not.

The Music, you ask, is it a well kept Italian secret?

Yes, yes and oh yes. This album is a rockanrolla festival that reminded me of Quelle Vecchia Locanda and early Rush, with good Moogs,hauting atmospheres, dynamic flute and lots of ballzy riffs. What struck me is the use of the LOUD/ calm/ LOUD/ calm changes throughout certain songs. Hey, I knew it! Nirvana stole it from The Pixies, and the Pixies stole it from...er....Biglietto per L'Inferno? *snort*

Very low chance for you to be disappointed with this album.

Menswear | 4/5 |