Mike Oldfield - Five Miles Out CD (album) cover

FIVE MILES OUT

Mike Oldfield

The Crow
4 stars I really love this album!!! This is probably the best Mike's efforth from the 80's...

All the songs here are outstanding. Taurus II it's simply true masterpiece, one of the best Mike's instrumentals in my opinion. Family Man it's a very catchy pop song, very well known... Orabidoo it's beautiful and variated, great song, with a very very lovely ending of acoustic guitar and voice... Mount Teidi it's one of the most heart-touching songs I've heard, with really epic moments and a powerful Carl Parlmer's playing. The mount Teide it's the highest peak of my country, Spain... And Five Miles Out it's one of the best vocal songs of Mike Oldfield, with a great guitar solo and very good bass lines...

Conclusion: a must for everyone, and an album with a very actual sound, that could had been released yesterday... And I'm talking of a 1982's album! Not too far from beeing a masterpiece...

The Crow | 4/5 |