Khan - Space Shanty CD (album) cover

SPACE SHANTY

Khan

Canterbury Scene

BaldFriede
4 stars This is one of the collaborations of Steve Hillage and Dave Stewart. There is something strange about this album: It really is not anything special, good melodious prog with lots of soloing from both Hillage and Stewart, supported by a very solid rhythm section, and yet...

For some reason this album haunts me, and I return to it again and again. Is it the excellent interplay of Hillage and Stewart? Is it the huge variety of meters on the album (about every meter up to 13/8 is present on it)? It is an eerie quality I can't quite grasp. The rational half of my mind tells me I should give this album 3 stars, but it is too close to my heart for that. On the other hand the 5 stars my heart would not be justified, as my brain tells me, so I will give it 4.

BaldFriede | 4/5 |