Mekong Delta - Dances of Death (and Other Walking Shadows) CD (album) cover

DANCES OF DEATH (AND OTHER WALKING SHADOWS)

Mekong Delta

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars Thrash Metal is not my favorite music style. Playing thrash metal is pretty low in my estimation of human activities. But I have a lot of respect and affection for this German band.

The basis here is thrash metal, also called speed metal. The tempo is breakneck fast. But there is also a lot of melody and intelligent hooks too. The vocals is typical speed metal. The sound is pretty good too, but still pretty muddy like in a typical speed/thrash metal album. The guitar solos is good too. The best song here though is their adoptation of Night on a Bare Mountain though and that pushes the album up one notch in my estimation. So I award this album a weak three stars with the health warning that this is a thrash metal album. No less, no more.

3 stars