Clearlight - Delired Cameleon Family   CD (album) cover

DELIRED CAMELEON FAMILY

Clearlight

toroddfuglesteg
2 stars Not Clearlight's finest hour, this album.

Written as a movie soundtrack, this album is a huge deviation from the normal material we can expect from them. It is an oddity in the Clearlight discography, no less.

This album reminds me most of all about a Mother Gong or even a Gong album. The same spaced out melodies, solos and vocal lines. Hence, this is space rock with a lot of Canterbury associations too. But where a Mother Gong and/or a Gong album has a meaningful purpose, this album does not. It is a pretty uneventful forty-eight minutes. That's minutes I wish I could had spent on listening to a Gong album instead of this half baked product. In short; I don't like this album.

If you are new to Clearlight or even a casual fan; give this album a wide berth and go for any other albums. Two stars for a couple of good melody lines in the middle of these stinging nettles.

2.5 stars