Yes - The Ladder  CD (album) cover

2 stars Boring, boring, boring ...

This 1999 release of Yes is anything but good. After hearing the first track, "Homeworld" I had high hopes for "The Ladder". Hopes that they were thrown to the ground after hearing the entire album is weak and certainly one of the most discouraging of long-lived career.

I can only highlight here three tracks: the opening "Homeworld", which is a powerful song and one of mlehores they have done before, "New Language" and the semi-reggae tribute to Bob Marley, "The Messenger", which is neither up to snuff, but it is so exciting that I need to make a mention of it.

2 stars