Sean Filkins - War And Peace & Other Short Stories CD (album) cover

WAR AND PEACE & OTHER SHORT STORIES

Sean Filkins

patpom
5 stars As someone who started listening to Progressive Rock some 40 odd years ago, I found much to enjoy with War and Peace and Other Stories. I had been introduced to Sean Filkins via my interest in Big Big Train so was very interested to see what he had to offer.

I have found that repeated plays certainly reward the listener and the CD has not been out of my player for a few weeks. Influences abound (to my ears, anyway) and much of this album would not disgrace any of my old favourite bands.

I would recommend this album to anyone who enjoys "classic" Prog like Camel, Yes, Genesis and more recent bands like IQ, Porcupine Tree and The Pineapple Thief.

I look forward to Sean's next project and would comfortably rate this as FIVE stars.

patpom | 5/5 |