Orchestre Celesti - Black and Red CD (album) cover

BLACK AND RED

Orchestre Celesti

toroddfuglesteg
2 stars Orcheste Celesti is a one man band from Italy. This is the second album from this combo.

It starts very beautiful with a couple of RPI compositions. Both the title track and the following track Abstraction From Reality is superb. The hopes of a good album takes of like a rocket towards the sky. The rocket comes down to earth in a rather chaotic fashion though after some more minutes.

After the two RPI tracks, the album heads onto....... well, everywhere. Jazz, some prog metal pastisjes, avant-garde, electronica, new age. You find it all here. Which is crossover prog. But quality is absent and most off the album ends up as background noise to whatever I do. There is nothing here which makes me drop the things I am doing and listen to the album instead. That goes for everything past the first ten minutes. I am sorry, but this is not for me.

2.5 stars