Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

5 stars First of all, what can I say about Dream Theater: -Great musicians -Wonderful albums (So far) -Original sound And most importantly... ...The creation of Scenes From A Memory.

For me this is one of the best concept albums ever created in Progressive Metal category because it evolves a great theme, wonderful lyrics and excellent songs, which go from classical Progressive sounds to that particular style that we all know and love. It also has something that I consider very important when I hear music: You never get bored while listening to a CD, especially if that CD has a lot of different rhythms.

The best songs of the album in my opinion are: "The Dance of Eternity", "The Spirit Carries On" and "Beyond This Life". This is because they are completely different from one another; you have "The Dance of Eternity" which is an instrumental and one of the most complex songs of Dream Theater. Also you have "The Spirit Carries On" which has great lyrics and a great timing of Jordan Rudess's keyboards; and finally there is "Beyond This Life" , an impressive song which every time I listen it, I like it more because this song has everything a great song should have: Amazing lyrics, incredible instrumental parts, keyboard and guitar solos, etc. But what I love more about this Masterpiece is that it was the first album of Jordan Rudess as Dream Theater's keyboardist.

Now, great prog bands are from the 60's or 70's, but now a days Dream Theater and his Scenes From A Memory album, had become a super band in Progressive Metal, that can be compared with Queensrˇche and his Operation: Mindcrime.

It is still not essential, but it's excellent...

gerdtheater | 5/5 |