Mindflow - With Bare Hands CD (album) cover

WITH BARE HANDS

Mindflow

toroddfuglesteg
2 stars Mindflow is a new name to me. They are from Brazil too and they peddle a kind of modern thrash metal. Take some Linkin Park, Flotsam & Jetsam, hardcore and the sound of numerous post millenium deathcore/thrash metal bands. The kind of music that arrived after I had dropped off the scene. The kind of music that does not really excite me at all.

The musicians in Mindflow does a competent enough job. The vocals are very good. The samples are good too. The music is not that good though. It is a mix of crushing hard and some rather soft stuff, baked into the post millenium metal sound. I am sure this band and the material on this album is good on a stage. But on an album and through a stereo rack, this is not a great listening experience. The problem with this album is simply a lack of any good riffs and melodies. There is none here. This album is as memorable as a shopping list for the daily grocery shopping. Forgetable, in other words.

Good band with a half decent album. Sorry.

2 stars