Anatrofobia - Lecosenonparlano  CD (album) cover

3 stars Another interesting RIO/Avant Garde band from Italy which has been flying under our radar for some years. I believe they have released six albums, but has now split up, I believe. Which is a shame.

This is their third or fourth album. Their music is based on pulsating rhythms with woodwinds doing most of the melodies, helped by some electric guitars as guest instruments. They do not use any vocals. References are Yugen and Nichelodeon. Both those bands are from Italy too and I smell a trend here.

The music on this album is not bad at all. It has it's qualities. There is nothing here that excite me though. But nothing here is offensive or sleep inducing either. Neither is there any strong melodies or fascinating structures. This is a good avant-garde album and nothing more than that. I guess fans of Italian RIO must check out this album.

Good, but not essential or great music.

3 stars