Steve Hackett - Voyage Of The Acolyte CD (album) cover

VOYAGE OF THE ACOLYTE

Steve Hackett

Squonk_hunter
4 stars I have heard this album called a lost Genesis album. I like that Steve had Mike and Phil help him out on this album, it gave us a little taste of what Genesis may have sounded like, if Steve had more input.

Most of the songs are instrumental, so that automatically turns a lot of people off, however when it comes To Steve I find I enjoy his instrumentals more than most of his songs that contain lyrics.

The strong points of the album in my opinion is Ace Of Wands, A Tower Struck Down, and Shadow of the Heirophant. In my opinion not really any weak moments here. Star of Sirius could have been on a Genesis album of that period, and the Hermit gives us our first chance to hear Steve on vocals.

I give the album 4 stars.

Squonk_hunter | 4/5 |