Nurkostam - III Of Dreamers CD (album) cover

3 stars An interesting development

Having been invited to hear Nurkostam, I was really disappointed with their two EPs, "XIII" and "-C-". I dunno, it was like I could not not connect with their sound. But before his debut album, "III of Dreamers" , I can say that this trio has great potential.

Oh, man, but what is a major breakthrough. It's as if they had received a "divine inspiration" to get something good. The sound of this album is far superior to their flawed EPs. Each song has a different side, something unique to offer. There is a greater range of influences than before, but above all the sound is very unique, different and experimental. Keyboards are clearly present: a lush synthesizers, mellotrons (at least I think it's mellotrons) and bodies that abound on the album. Guitars are another strong point, and there are some instruments such as cello and flute, which are well used.

Unfortunately there are vocals. One thing I hated about "-C-" those were dark and out of tune vocals. Because of them, "The Camel Song" is almost a disaster . Lucky for me, most of the album is instrumental, and there is a beautiful female voice who sings in a song-not to mention the last song, "Anon", which get a great jazz vocals with a decent and advances to more complex passages.

3 stars. Nurkostam my heart is not in yet, but this album is a considerable advance.

voliveira | 3/5 |