Cartoon - Cartoon CD (album) cover

4 stars Whitout the intent to make play on words, the music of CARTOON seems to me exactly that the name says, a soundtrack to cartoons , in special humor/childish cartoons ( for cinema or tv), howevere, their sound is not a children joke. The themes are rich in instrumental virtousity and full of melodic "landscapes" and in fact make CARTOON's music outstanding !. The track 1 "Shark" and track 5 "Apathy In America " presents some musical passages which clearly reminds the tv series "The Simpsons". The track 4 "Flotsam" is "filled" of percussion inprovisation and a Fripp's style guitar melody ! The track 7 "Shredded Wheat" take the main theme to the classical music, [(Liszt(keyboards) meets Pagannini(guitars=violin) meets Carl Palmer for a jam session)], simply fantastic. The only restriction that I can make is the sequence of different themes in a track, which not always make a logic musical sense. Due to this fact I cannot give the maximun quotation, my rate is 4stars !!!
maryes | 4/5 |