Big Big Train - The Underfall Yard CD (album) cover

THE UNDERFALL YARD

Big Big Train

Richens
5 stars Just before I submitted this review, a screen alert reminded me to be sparing in allocating 1 and 5 stars to reviews. In the case of 'The Underfall Yard' there is no album more deserving of five stars. This album is truly outstanding and incredibly beautiful to listen to. I must admit that when I first listened to Big Big Train's 'The Underfall Yard' just over a year ago, I wasn't completely bowled over. But, honestly, this music has a magical quality that just grows on you. A year later I am still listening to it regularly. It has a haunting, nostalgic quality to it that just cannot be ignored.

'Victorian Brickwork' is on my personal top ten songs list of all time. It simply stirs my heart and returns me to simpler times when I was just a boy. It is simply beautiful, simply outstanding in its execution. The horn arrangements are innovative and stirring. This is a beautiful and emotional album and an absolutely essential addition to any music collection.

Richens | 5/5 |