Little Women - Throat CD (album) cover

THROAT

Little Women

RIO/Avant-Prog

The Truth
4 stars Once one gets past the fact that this album is noise-laden, psycho-avant, spontaneous improv, there is a strange sort of ambiance this album creates. I heavily enjoy even though it could be a soundtrack to an man having a surgical procedure minus anesthesia, that's almost why it's such a cool listen.

It's rapid, rabid and at times literally sounds insane but there truly is a cohesiveness that binds is all together and after you listen for awhile the structure becomes more apparent and this makes the music even more paradoxically entertaining.

Now, that's what I find when I listen to the album but I also like noise music. Many probably can't stomach this and that's understandable. Some get it, some don't. Doesn't mean you're a hipster or stereotype progger, it just means you either like or hate the music.

I happen to like it, a solid four-star for this wonderful debut album.

The Truth | 4/5 |