Jon Anderson - Change We Must CD (album) cover

CHANGE WE MUST

Jon Anderson

sussexbowler
3 stars JA goes gentle trying to show us how nature sings to us.

The main failure of the project is that some of the main songs are typecast by the style in which they are performed. 'The kiss' sounds like a celebrity singing on the Muppet show, 'Chagall duet' comes straight from a stage musical, whilst 'The candle song' is surely a serenade to animated woodland creatures.

The album has a strong ending with both 'Hurry home' and the title track good songs. In fact, in 'Change we must' we find JA at his best. Inspiring and majestic throughout, whilst beautifully accompanied by choir and orchestra.

As regards the more subtle approach towards nature, then 'Shaken loops' is as close as it gets. If you DO want to bridge the gap between music and nature, then Ralph Vaughan- Williams or Peter Gabriel are a better bet. That aside, this is a pleasant enough effort.

sussexbowler | 3/5 |