Horslips - Happy To Meet, Sorry To Part CD (album) cover

Prog Folk

Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams
3 stars This band was recommended to me, and this album given to me, back in the seventies by an Irish friend of mine, who understood my love of prog rock. Back then, the album didn't capture my interest. But perhaps the years have mellowed my tastes. Now I appreciate the album much more. I'm still not much of a fan of celtic music, but I appreciate it's value.

The album is primarily Celtic folk rock, with a bit of prog thrown in. The band is certainly technically adept, and able to blend the styles well. The best prog tracks to my ears are Hall Of Mirrors and Furniture. And I also like the rock jig, The Musical Priest.

I'm still not sure if I'm ever going to pursue more from Horslips, but I'm glad I own this album.

Evolver | 3/5 |