Don Caballero - Don Caballero 2 CD (album) cover

DON CABALLERO 2

Don Caballero

Post Rock/Math rock

The Truth
4 stars This is one of those albums I really have to be in a certain mood to "get", which is sad because this truly is a stunning record. Those moments however when I'm in the mood, it's mindblowing for me and I can see why this band has such a dedicated following.

The music here is erratic, complex and when in that mood, (sorry for the repitition) it's a really fun listen. The band's excellent musicianship shines brightly with every second of the record as they make these epic little tunes sound like they're having fun playing them. When a band enjoys something they're playing, it shows and it shows clearly with Don Caballero. Don Caballero 2 is an inspired effort and that's one of it's real charms.

I however, don't find myself coming back to this alot as I have some bad memories (non-music related) associated with my first listen and I don't want to be reminded of it all the time but that certainly does not affect what this band has achieved. It's fast and bulbous math-rock with little flecks of post-rock and it's all good.

The Truth | 4/5 |