Rush - Grace Under Pressure CD (album) cover

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE

Rush

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars What new and interesting can I write about songs and an album which has been an important part of me since the early 1990s ? Not much, really. 100 words, it is then.

Grace Under Pressure is from their middle period where the synths was taking over a lot. But there is still a lot of guitars here too. The guitars was to a great effect used as distorted sound collages on some pretty dark songs about the end of the world and our planet.

The songs are mostly very good. Grace Under Pressure is by no means a great Rush album. I feel Rush was a bit lost on this album and more running on auto-pilot. Some reggae like tunes does go down well with me. But this is still a good Rush album, but not the most played album in my household.

3 stars