Lis Er Stille - The Collibro CD (album) cover

THE COLLIBRO

Lis Er Stille

Post Rock/Math rock

Thandrus
5 stars It's very strange that nobody yet has bothered to review this fantastic album, but alright, let me be the first. "The Collibro" is the third release of this Danish outfit. This album presents us the wonderful amalgam of post-rock ambiences and ingenious and progressive arrangements, with a bit of contemporary Alternative influences, used in moderate amounts to add a special spice. With most of the music on the album being complex and intensely active, band has cleverly used relaxing post-rock background and short interludes to avoid overtiring of the listener. As a result, the album has great flow and is a joy to listen throughout. It's very hard to pick highlights here, because albums is so uniformly great but if I had to choose one, I think it would be "Recalling The Color", brilliantly arranged song, with both dynamics and beauty.

To sum it up, this album has a broad appeal. Fans of Post Rock, The Mars Volta, Radiohead, Muse, or similar bands will certainly enjoy it, which means quite a big mainstream commercial perspective today. Apart from them, any lover of challenging rock music should at least try this. There's little chance of disappointment here. For me, it's one of the Top releases of 2010, and the work that deserves to be much more widely appreciated than it is now. 5 big stars, without any question.

Thandrus | 5/5 |