Blackmore's Night - Shadow Of The Moon CD (album) cover

Blackmore's Night

Prog Folk

3 stars This album really fits the term "good but non essential". Of course it has nothing to do with the classic hard rock of Deep Purple and Rainbow. None of the tracks are bad butnone of them is a real winner either.Candice Night has a nice voice, but the music is far too light for my taste. My favourite is Play Minstrel Play , with the appearance of Ian Anderson. Unfortunately , I haven't heard the original version of Ocean Gypsy. Wish You Were is NOT a Pink Floyd, but a Rednex-cover.It was a swedish pop/dance group or something like that...
Norbert | 3/5 |