Man On Fire - Habitat CD (album) cover

HABITAT

Man On Fire

max
5 stars I've got to admit, I considered the idea of Man on Fire surpassing their previous release, "The Undefined Design", to be an almost impossible goal. When I ordered "Habitat" I expected it to be good, but never expected to be blown away like I have been. Unlike the reviews posted here, I was hooked instantly!! One listen was all it took for me to see that MOF has matured into a top tier band to be reckoned with!

This is the CD Spock's Beard WISHES they had released instead of "Octane"! All of the classic elements of classic progressive rock are here: sweeping melodic hooks, complex and unexpected twists and turns, dramatic tension and release, virtusoso musical performances and crystal clear state of the art studio production. Add to that the incredible fretwork of Adrian Belew and the jaw-dropping violin work of David Ragsdale and you have my vote for the best release of 2005. And having seen these guys onstage at ROSFest this year, I don't think there's a more formidable band on today's current prog scene!

Highest recommendations on all fronts!!

| 5/5 |