Think Floyd - Beyond Boundaries CD (album) cover

Think Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

renaudbb
2 stars Seriously ??

I respect all opinions here, but I can't figure out how someone can give four or five stars to this album. I was even unable to reach the end of it. I'm not against tribute bands, nor against imitations : for example, I like some Citizen Cain imitations of Genesis, I like some of IQ's ones, I like when Giraffe reinterprets The Lamb, and I was very happy to see, recently, a Pink Floyd tribute band trying to reproduce the Pulse tour.

But in this album with original material, we just have some reminiscence of the late Pink Floyd sound (the one of Momentary Lapse...), with a terrible singer who tries to imitate the typical Gilmour voice of the late Floyd albums... all the melodies are just refurbishing of original ones, where they add some typical Floyd gimmicks...

This is, at best, what the Watch does with Genesis, but with a very poor technical level IMHO. No pleasure at all for me, sorry.

renaudbb | 2/5 |